Application Engineer I, Houston TX
Applications Engineer reviews customers’ technical needs and assists design engineers in developing specific product solutions to meet these needs. Estimates project costs and consults with the sales team on routine technical matters, ensuring that proposed solutions can be manufactured.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design Expansion joints per customer and EJMA (Expansion Joints Manufacturers Association) requirements, ASME BPVC Section VIII, ASME B31.3.
- Provide technical assistance to the sales team to estimate cost of complex parts and special designs.
- Work with Business Development on new product development and development of production tooling and fixtures as needed for production.
- Works with engineers from various departments to resolve problems that arise during and after product sales process.
- Establish work instructions and manufacturing processes.
- Perform sales presentations to prospective customers.
- Prepare installation and application guidelines.
- Conductend user training on proper use and maintenance of products.
- Initiate, review, and approve engineering changes.
- Prepare manufacturing process and workflow documents including routers, inspection requirements, fabrication drawings, etc.
- Routinely review production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of approved process.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering.
- Proficient with 3D Modelling and drafting software like Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards including AWS D17.1, AWSD1.1, ASME Section VIII, Section IX, EJMA standard
- Proficient in various functions of Microsoft Office.
- Strong written/oral communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative, and work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work with a wide with a wide variety of personnel at all levels inside and outside of the facility.
- Should be able to work overtime when necessary to meet operation objectives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to fabrication and manufacturing facilities
Bellows Systems Inc. (BSI) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation with healthcare benefits.
- Enrollment in BSI’s Medical and Dental insurance plan.
- Eligibility for Paid Time Off (PTO).
BSI will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Employment Type: Salaried