Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Houston TX
The Engineering Manager leads a team of mechanical engineers in taking project requirements through design, fabrication, testing and delivery. The Engineering Manager will report to the CEO and ensure engineering tasks are completed on time and per Bellows Systems standards. The Engineering Manager will review and approve engineering drawings and develop training documentation.
A successful Engineering Manager should be technically proficient and be able to guide and mentor junior engineers to be successful in their tasks and duties.
- Review Expansion Joint designs per customer and EJMA (Expansion Joints Manufacturers Association) requirements, ASME BPVC Section VIII, ASME B31.3.
- Manage engineering resource demands between projects on a daily basis.
- Initiate, review, and approve engineering changes.
- Review manufacturing process and workflow documents including routers, inspection requirements, fabrication drawings and effectively support manufacturing operations.
- Review production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of approved process.
- Review Product Structure, Assembly Drawings, and BOMs to meet the requirements for Quality, In-House Production, and Contract Manufacturing.
- Provide technical assistance to the sales team to estimate cost of complex parts and special designs.
- Proactively seeks continuous improvement
- 2-5 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards including AWS D1.1, ASME Section VIII, Section IX, EJMA, AWS D17.1, AWS D17.2,
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor/ AutoCAD.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Process oriented, analytical thinking – problem solver.
- Proven track record of being able to multi-task a variety of duties and work requests.
- Self-motivated and works well under pressure with changing priorities and workloads
- Ability and willingness to take initiative, and work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work with a wide with a wide variety of personnel at all levels inside and outside of the facility
- Should be able to work overtime when necessary to meet operation objectives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Ability and willingness to work in range of environments such as fabrication and manufacturing facilities
Bellows Systems Inc. (BSI) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation with healthcare benefits.
- Enrollment in BSI’s Medical and Dental insurance plan.
- Eligibility for Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
BSI will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Relocation Assistance Provided : No
Employment Type : Salaried
Salary : $82,422.00 – $88,275.00 per year