Quality Control Inspector, Houston TX
The Quality Control Inspector (QCI) is a critical and active role in inspection compliance and in meeting required quality control daily. Quality Control Inspector reports to the Manufacturing/ Quality Engineer and communicates with Production Manager and Quality Assurance Manager to execute inspection requirements and ensures alignment with BSI quality policy.
- Perform in process and final quality control inspections on fabricated metal products, including sub-assemblies, components and other as necessary.
- Perform quality assessment of all the incoming raw materials and semi-finished products from suppliers.
- Produce and maintain documentation for inspections performed.
- Responsible for creating non-conforming reports in accordance with BSI control of Nonconforming Materials procedures.
- Assist in development of Quality procedures and Manufacturing Instructions to eliminate quality defects and support continuous improvement processes.
- Ability to use metrology instruments to perform tolerance inspections that include but not limited to Calipers, micrometers, rulers, gages, etc.
- Responsible for NDT inspection of components including VT, PT, and documentation of all findings.
- Will be required to work in different areas throughout shop wherever quality support is needed.
- Will be required to perform Internal audits as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must have NDT Level II VT, PT or have the ability to acquire a certification(s) through On Job Training (OJT) and additional testing per SNT-TC-1A accredited testing requirements and per BSI NDT qualification requirements within 3 months of employment. Previous NDT documented experience to be reviewed by Quality Manager/NDT Level III.
- Minimum 2 years experience reading and interpreting Engineering drawings, Code specifications to verify products are in compliance with the requirements set forth in these documents.
- Minimum 2 years experience or working knowledge of ISO 9001 standards and Quality Management System procedures
- Proficient in various functions of Microsoft Office.
- Strong written/oral communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative, and work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work with a wide with a wide variety of personnel at all levels inside and outside of the facility.
- Should be able to work overtime when necessary to meet operation objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to fabrication and manufacturing facilities.
Bellows Systems Inc. (BSI) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation with healthcare benefits.
- Enrollment in BSI’s Medical and Dental insurance plan.
- Eligibility for Paid Time Off (PTO).
BSI will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Employment Type: Non-Salaried