Design Engineer, Houston TX
Bellows Systems, Inc. are looking for a design engineer to create and develop products that meets and exceeds customer requirements. Design Engineer is responsible for design and development of bellows, expansion joints, exhaust systems and related tooling and fixtures per required design standards and company requirements.
A successful design engineer should have excellent problem-solving skills to design and develop products for manufacturability while adhering to all customer requirements.
- Design Expansion joints per customer and EJMA (Expansion Joints Manufacturers Association) requirements, ASME BPVC Section VIII, ASME B31.3.
- Provide technical assistance to the sales team to estimate cost of complex parts and special designs.
- Work with Business Development on new product development and development of production tooling and fixtures as needed for production.
- Establish work instructions and manufacturing processes.
- Initiate, review, and approve engineering changes.
- Prepare manufacturing process and workflow documents including routers, inspection requirements, fabrication drawings, etc.
- Routinely review production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of approved process.
- Review Product Structure, Assembly Drawings, and BOM’s to meet the requirements for Quality, In-House Production, and Contract Manufacturing.
- Perform analysis of new and existing parts based on customer requirements including vibrational, thermal and fatigue.
- Perform a step-by-step Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) approach to identify possible product failures during development of new products with an eye toward the manufacturing and assembly process, and product quality.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Bachelors Degree in mechanical engineering.
- Proficient with 3D Modelling and drafting software like Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards including AWS D17.1, AWSD1.1, ASME Section VIII, Section IX, EJMA standard
- Proficient in various functions of Microsoft Office.
- Strong written/oral communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative, and work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work with a wide with a wide variety of personnel at all levels inside and outside of the facility
- Should be able to work overtime when necessary to meet operation objectives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to fabrication and manufacturing facilities
Bellows Systems Inc. (BSI) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation with healthcare benefits.
- Enrollment in BSI’s Medical and Dental insurance plan.
- Eligibility for Paid Time Off (PTO).
BSI will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).